Love Acai? Make your own...
Updated: Sep 5, 2018
Acai and mixed berry smoothie bowl
During those cold winter months it's much harder to go to your local acai shops, so here a fun recipe you can whip up at home. You'll need...
• Two 4-ounce packets unsweetened frozen acai puree
• 1 medium banana
• ½ cup almond milk (to emulsify puree)
• 1/2 cup mixed blueberries
• 1 tablespoon honey
• ½ tbsp. Hemp seeds
• ½ Chia seeds
• 3 tablespoons Naturalvert granola (any flavor, banana cinnamon preferably)
1. Break the frozen acai up a little by slapping the sealed packets on the countertop or hitting them with a meal mallet.
2. Blend the berries with ½ the banana, 1/4 cup of the mixed berries and the honey in the blender, stopping to stir and break up the mixture as needed, until it's the consistency of a thick smoothie; transfer to a cereal bowl.
3. Slice the remaining 1/2 banana. Arrange the slices, the remaining 1/4 cup mixed berries, granola, hemp seeds, chia seeds and cacao nibs in neat piles or rows on top of the acai. Then take a photo! tag us @naturalvert