Naturalvert granola topped crusted salmon
To start you'll need the following:
2/3 cup Naturalvert passion fruit mango granola
2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
2 tablespoons good olive oil
Four 6- to 8-ounce salmon fillets, skin on
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
2. Take 2/3 cup of granola and crush it in a bowl into crumbs.
3. In a small bowl, mix together the granola, parsley, lemon zest, ½ teaspoon salt, and ½ teaspoon pepper. Drizzle with the olive oil and stir until the crumbs are evenly coated. Set aside.
4. Place the salmon fillets, skin side down, on a board, sprinkle salt and pepper. Press the panko mixture thickly on top of the mustard on each salmon fillet. The mustard will help the panko adhere.
5. Heat the vegetable oil over medium-high heat in a 12-inch cast-iron skillet or large heavy, ovenproof pan. When the oil is very hot, add the salmon fillets, skin side down, and sear for 3-5 minutes, without turning, to brown the skin.
6. Transfer the pan to the hot oven for 5 to 7 minutes until the salmon is almost cooked and the panko is browned. Remove from the oven, cover with aluminum foil, and allow resting for 5 to 10 minutes. Serve the salmon hot or at room temperature with lemon wedges.